Like most of Oracle’s products, Enterprise Manager comes with options that are enabled by default, but licensed when used. In order to prevent these options from being used and to avoid having to pay the corresponding license fee, your company may ask you to list the status of these options on a regular basis.
On Oracle Enterprise Manager, these options are called “Management Packs” :
- Oracle Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Database
- Oracle Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Application Replay Pack
- Management Pack for Oracle Coherence
- Database Diagnostics Pack
- Oracle Database Lifecycle Management Pack
- Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting Pack
- Database Tuning Pack
- Configuration Management Pack for Applications
- WLS Management Pack EE
Recently, my client asked me to automate the collection of the status of these management packs. The information is easily retrievable from the Enterprise Manager console (Setup=>Management Packs=>Management Pack Access), but there is no possibility to export the list to Microsoft Excel for example, which is not practical to include in a reporting.
After some research, I developed a query that extracts this information from the OMR database in CSV format.Continue reading “Query Management Pack Acess from OMR in Enterprise Manager 13c”